Monday, January 4, 2016

I see you


Happy New Year everyone:) Hope everyone had a great Christmas...and this is the second most wonderful time of the year!! The Bachelor season is upon us!
!!! That means there will be glitter and glossess , sequins and sparkles,  sparkly and shimmer , alcohol and attitudes and vanity and venom!!

Happy 8th year of the Rose Report:) 8 is a lucky number..and I feel very lucky that I get to watch the Bachelor on the big(ger) screen...I graduated from a 32 to a 55 inch glorious TV!!!!! So pumped that I got it this Saturday in time for the Bachelor..after it was all set up and connected..and within 2 hours...it all went blue...people on my TV look blue..like Avatars -not literally like descendants of the deities on earth as per Hindu mythology..but like ones from the movie Avatar.

So I was so grateful to see it on a big screen..but everyone looked blue..and I could barely make out what colours the dresses were..and my personal favourite thing to do is check out how the women skillfully apply their make up.  Next week...i'll get a replacement for this..and hopefully I get to do a closer make up examination.

But from what I could make out on the big blue screen was this show will be a lotta drama.
I don't remember Ben too much...but I do like his brutal honesty about potentially being unlovable...pretty honest for a reality show...He reminds me a bit Michael Buble...one the verge o being really cute...but he's mainly super likeable.

The mini Bachelor reunion..was definitely a time filler...this sound shallow..but Mesnick could have used some of his appearance feels for a hair style or some product..he definitely had some lego hair going on. Chris looked adores..and Sean looked sweaty..that guy always looks sweaty..hopefully he hydrates.

The girls...you know..the memorable pitch out to the limo is becoming trite. It's almost original not to have gift, token, momento, sporting reference, hoverboard or farm animal to present to Ben.
Cue the eye roll when there is a clever play on words "I hope to land a man" says the flight attendant. Blah blah.
What I didn't get was the cue card game at the cocktail party..the real estate person drew cards and she put them over her head (why?) so that Ben could guess what she did. I think it's suppose to be a take the game hedbanz..but she missed the point...the Headband that got more attention was the dentist. It was alike a large homemade fascinator..but it commanded attention. Her appeal to oddities seems like a career limiting move.  She also brought dental implements to give Ben an oral exam. I'm with Mandi that I wouldn't date someone who didn't floss. Ain't nobody got time for gingivitis.
What is up with Shushanna..so she understands English but chooses not to speak it. She gave a definite "Da" for the rose. Even though Ben's from Warsaw Indiana..he doesn't have a slavic bone in his body.

Other "highlights" Becca's back! hahahahaha..for those of you who are in Sephora as often as I am..you'd get that:) Becca happens to be one of my favourite highlighting powder (Champagne pop..the collaboration of Becca and Jaclyn Hill)..anyway.I had to use that:) I freaking love that highlighting powder. But in all seriousness..I'm not sure why everyone's knickers are in such a knot when they know Becca is on..actually Becca's knickers are always in a knot..that' s why they feel oddly threatened.  From what I recall about Becca..was that she wasn't that bright..but she was nice and I loved the way she did her make up..(note I can't comment on her make up on this show..because they all looked blue remember)

This brings me to Lace..appearances are deceiving...she looked demure and elegant..but alcohol seemed to bring out her inner hotmessedness (I think that should be the Oxford 2016 new word). She needed so much reassurance. So. Much. She need to have the first kiss. Then requested a second (Awkard). Then Ben came back to say that he thought she was awesome but that wasn't enough for her. Olivia getting the first impression rose made her anger.

Oh Olivia..she seemed calm..and that made her attractive. The only thing I query is quitting a full-time TV job to pursue this. Call me suspicious..but i see that she is doing this to get more exposure.I loved her hair length...fantastic.

Oh..Jubilee. It looked like she had a white dress on . She looked killer! Amazing!! Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Scandal..but she totally reminded me of Olivia Pope.

The twins. Weird. The premise. Weirder. The dresses. Awful They're from Vegas..isn't that the land of the outlet malls. Don't tell me that's the best you could do.

Amber....i'm glad she got the rose..she seemed a bit fragile from last season..but that hair. What was that?

The chicken enthusiast. Whoa...I enjoy poultry cooked. Getting that close and living with a chicken. I just think avian flu. ewwww. Did she fly the coop? I  can't call if she stayed.

What I do know is the Ben doesn't like onesies..and red velvet. Later ladies. He also let go the
"nutritional therapist" aka bread basher. Hating gluten Breanne is very 2015...:)

Right after the roses were handout out and the rejected bachelorettes skulked away from the mansion..Lace needed more time with Ben...to ask why he didn't make eye contact with her during the rose ceremony..He needs to tell her that awesome quote from the Avatar movie.

"I see you".

Until next week I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: