Monday, January 11, 2016

Ben Ben Ben

I think I'm falling for Ben.
This guy seems pretty straight up and genuine. I'm not sure how he kept it together with might be the lamest group date in history..Bachelor High.
It's easy to criticize the group date. I know this show loves themes and stereotypes...but Bachelor high really appealed to the lowest common denominator of what might be a high school experience - competing for affection, feeling excluded...and whatever a home coming queen is supposed to be. I guess the homecoming queen is not predictive of future bachelor success given that Mandi didn't stay another week. But she does get to go back to a good job..if she still has a job after she portrayed herself as an odd dentist.
I was a bit surprised that people didn't know where Indiana was. I didn't get the bobbing for apples thing. is that a school activity? And the exploding volcano. Hahaha...Well..that's the just foreshadowing for the FOD.
Did anyone else notice that Becca's make-up is on point? And I am loving the grey/blue colours of dresses she's picking..she looks fantastic. Jubilee is also a stunner. She  seems to have a bit of a temper and that makes her less beautiful..but she's so gorgeous. I also think Ben is not alone in the unloveable department. Lace is showing signs that she needs a lot of validation.
And why was Jo Jo  the real estate person so amazed to be on top of a building? Maybe she only sells low rises. But she seems legitimately astounded at the height of that building.

Back at the house..I'm starting to notice and be annoyed by Olivia. I liked her the last week..but the part that annoys me is that her mouth is always agape.

One on one date: Caila. She's adorable and understated. She was pretty mesmerized by Ben...but seriously.. you have Ice Cube and Kevin Hart on the date and she pretty much ignored them. I can't believe she didn't have more fun with those guys. I thought the cheap date was funny. Note I only find cheap dates funny when the guy isn't cheap..it's supposed to be funny:) The hot tub date in the hot tub store was hilarious. Loved it.
Then they went out for dinner..Caila didn't touch her 9 cups of pasta..and then they walked by a theatre when some guy was singing for them. Amos Lee. Mary who is that??? Sorry I only know people who are on the American Music Awards. Please don't judge me. Hey, but at least I can pick out Indiana and Indonesia on a map..i just have bad music taste:)

Camila go the rose. She's adorbs. And Ben asked her questions. Way to go Ben. So many dudes don't ask questions.

Group date #2: More science
Whoa..so much science this show. I was most  taken with Shushanna speaking!! Is she taking English lessons at the mansion?? Olivia was on this date..and she had her either agape or flapping the whole time. Now she's wanting to get into the other girl's heads. Seriously? If you're that confident, why would you want to try to bring people down. I call BS on her confidence.
But back to the Love lab..i thought the smelling part was weird. I felt bad for the girl who failed the smell test and it was announced publicly. No, it's not enough that you have women trying to make  you feel insecure but a 'scientist' says you got the lowest score. My thoughts went to Shushanna..where i thought that there would be sulphurous remnant cabbage smells..but apparently it doesn't linger..excellent..I feel 100% confident in my frequent sauerkraut consumption will not be a roadblock on my amazing journey to true love for the right reasons:)
But back to Shushanna for a second.she came to the US to buy a car with $400 and one pair of jeans? Please.There's more to the story than that. I know that binge watching Narcos and Making a Murderer doesn't make me superlative detective, but you can't just drop into the US just to say you're going to buy a car. Something fishy doing on with Shushanna..and Ben didn't catch it on the smell test.

Olivia got the rose on the date.



Rose Ceremony

Olivia 'steals' Ben. sigh. so selfish. She says you can't rest your laurels. Olivia..the idiom is "you can't rest on your laurels"...ugh! Lace is becoming unhinged. She is sharing her unloveable side with Ben..and Ben graciously listens. Amber complains voraciously about not spending time with Ben but makes no effort. Ben develops a photo (whah? how very 2003) for Leah..who?. Emily from Vegas has another hideous dress..which looks like it was a curtain at a Vegas hotel in 1997. Olive looks beautiful. Becca is rocking the perfect nude lip.
I nearly teared up (that almost never happens..well maybe when Sean picked Katherine..but that's the only time)..when Ben made barrettes with Amanda for her daughters. Ben wins. Sweet sweet sweet.

During rose handout time..LB.gets picked and takes Ben aside and says she can't hack being there. Just as an aside..as  fashion buyer..i thought she would have had better outfits..and better earrings..her chandelier earrings were not super dangly nor super chandelier-y. Hmm...maybe she's a buyer for Wal-Mart..dunno. She rejects her rose.
The twins get roses (why?). and Amber gets her rose....likely because LB's was thrown back in the pile. I was surprised the lawyer didn't get picked. But that dress..whah? seriously...I think someone had that dress at my high school grad. What was that?

Well..hopefully Amber steps up her game and Olivia closes her mouth  next week..
Until then.. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!



No comments: