Monday, February 22, 2010

The Rose Report: The WTA makes me want a PVR

This part of the journey is my least favourite…the Women Tell All. It’s like a having a whole bunch of leftovers to try to make a meal. Some great leftovers some not so great and it all mixed together for mediocre fare. There is a lot of recycled clips that I wished I could have fast forwarded through.

First we have Chris and Jake having a fireside chat. Chris looks quite dapper in his crisp pink shirt and jacket. Jake’s suits always look a little tired..a little wilted- a touch droopy. Maybe it’s windblown from all the motorcycle riding. Or maybe he has found Randy River.


Sully the reputation of the Bachelor
Nope nothing to do with Captain Sully who commandeered to the plane on the Hudson river to save all aboard...but rather the Bachelor/Bachelorette reunion cruises and get togethers. What is the point of those? I’m not sure why the show would sponsor those. Are they trying to see if a relationship might come out of it? It seems like the antithesis of what the Bachelor /Bachelorette is about..or pretends to be about..true love…an amazing journey. One bachelorette..Nikki I believe…euphemistically has taken ‘a lot of naps’ with former Bachelors…and apparently Wes has had a lot more nibbles as a result of this show. Talking about Wes’ nibbles gives me the heebie jeebies.

The Bachelor…the Institution???
To get back above board..we have the Bachelor gives back…to the food bank, to Haiti, to St. Lucia…they are given back and paying forward. Nice cheque for Haitian relief. How do they exactly fundraise? Didn’t Shaye look fabulous for the food bank gig? She channelled Gwen Stefani a bit. I wonder if her and Matt are still together. Well Matt is still in the US..perhaps he doesn’t hear London Calling. I didn’t get the Portraits of Hope campaign…If it’s a metaphor for the vista that this platform called the Bachelor provides for all those that hope for true love…this show really is too much…but that’s why I love it so.


The Women
Okay..my least favourite part of the show. First, women always seem to looked dismayed and surprised at the comments they have made during the show. Second, it seems that women do tend to bash eachother and the common denominator is because if it is over the same guy. Sigh. So pointless.

All the women looked great. Michelle looked a little different than she did on the show.
Channy thankfully didn’t have anything to contribute. They did replay her infamous plane landing comment. Elizabeth confirmed this was a game “didn’t want to kiss him so soon in the game” One of my favourite comments was right after when Chris said “you’re never as cool as you think you are”. Amen Chris!

Mean
I think all the focus on Michelle was really mean. Why would you state to someone on national TV that you need help..Valishia….I thought Valishia was a homemaker…maybe she took a break from her career in psychiatry.

I think I sense a new bachelorette….
And it’s not Gia. Chris did interview Gia but the focus really was on Ali. The pointed questioning about whether she’d choose work over love. I think she stated the reasons why she left Jake were sound….a girls’ gotta pay the bills right? Not sure if I read into this too much..but Ali’s apology and her answers seemed a bit rehearsed. I guess they want the new bachelorette to be kind and enlightened. Nice qualities to have…it just all seemed scripted to me.

Then there was Rozlyn
I cannot believe how much mileage there was from the Rozlyn fiasco. She was ditched from the show, so was the producer..why must we rehash what who saw and when. Who really cares???
Rozlyn did look fantastic. She did trash it up when she said she was ready for a cage match with Chris then…went on with the jab she made about the hearsay (from the producer) about Chris hitting on the producer’s wife in New Zealand. Chris showed remarkable composure. I liked how he got all Zen and Oprah and tried to turn this fiasco into a teachable moment to wish Rozlyn well and to hope that she learned something from this.


What did I learn from this WTA…..I really need a PVR…
Until next week…. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

No comments: