Monday, January 2, 2017

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

Christmas was so so lovely...New Years was fab and very low key...and to wrap up the season...THE BACHELOR  begins!!! I was looking forward to it ALL DAY!!!!
I don't even know where to begin..so much happened.
First-when was Nick every a 'bad boy'?  Is this something that the producers think that if they repeat it enough, we'll believe it?
I'm happy that Nick became more self aware. I do like his persistence - he was really vibing Brene Brown though. He used the word vulnerability more than journey in this episode.
I kinda think the producers will have a not-so-subtle sub-text of  "if Nick can find love, y'all can find love". So much shirtless Nick already. Well- I guess he really hasn't had an off season from this franchise so has kept in fitness model shape for this. Must commend him on that diligence.

But back the episode. Denim cut offs are not going away...so may cut offs. So many gimmicks to get the women to stand out so much so that the gimmicks make them unremarkable. For example- i remember there was a camel...i don't remember which girl was riding in on the camel.
I cringed and my stomach flipped at the 'you're a weiner in my book' girl.  That stunt spoke volumes :):) And it ended with them both eating an uncooked weiner. What ding dongs. Did her give her a rose? I think so. Eww. so so gross. Side bar- he admitted to eating an uncooked weiner as a kid. I don't get that..

I do learn from this show...it affirmed that I know so little about animals...was that girl dressed in a shark or a dolphin costume? I'm embarrassed that I didn't know the difference. Corinne the business maverick who can't cut up  her own cucumbers assumed the girl wore the costume because she's hiding her body or wants to surprise everyone with an amazing body.

The funniest entry was the pro basketball dancer bringing Neil Lane. That made me lol. Neil makes me lol. That guy doesn't age..Does Neil Lane remind you of Neil Diamond? Or maybe I'm not recalling Neil Diamond..or maybe I think this because of Diamond in his name:)

The wedding videographer's dress was awful..well, at least it wasn't red..but really. Some of the girls looked so stunning in their dresses but some looked like deeply discounted bridal wear.

The mental health counsellor who said "I'm lonely, I need love"she looked so lovely...but her pronouncement that she's lonely and wants love..i don't think i would have said that as a mental health counselor...

Rachel got the first impression rose.but what did she say about fantasy tapes or dates in the introduction. I"m happy he gave it to Rachel:) Brains and beauty.  Go Nick.

You know who is going to be halter top trouble?Corinne. She ain't going take no for an answer and she's in it to win it (true love I mean). She has effortless beachy waves in her hair and I loved her black blouse in the preview they showed for the upcoming season.

I'm interested to see how Nick will hold up emotionally in this situation..as well as Taylor the mental health counsellor..although it's easier to give advice than to take it.

As for the doula...the one who slept with Nick..she's happy he remembered her. It's good she has high self regard like that. Not sure if Nick is really into her really likes her..or if he is keeping her as per the producers' recommendations.

I really really really like the Canadian school teacher:) ...not that dress and earring combo...but her as a person she seems smart, fun and interesting.

This will be an emotional, action-packed journey. Until next week...
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!






No comments: