Monday, May 26, 2014

How y'all like it so far???

Is it me or does Andi use the y'all selectively? I have heard her articulate y'all and you all on separate occasions. Maybe she uses y'all for the right reasons...to appear more pedestrian, accessible, folksy and approachable. I like accents and all..but it seems sporadic. What do y'all think.

Solid episode...save for the objectification part of the program..under the guise of charity...Bachelor Gives Back...It certainly does..it recycles dating ideas..but they are egalitarian in objectifying both men and women.

I realized one of the many reasons I love watching this show....tbh, it's not for the journey, the romance, the right reasons..it's because I have this obssessive pursuit of finding the perfect tank top. And this show..and Andi particularly...gives some great ideas. Hasn't the technology, app or service been developed where we find out where to  get some of her outfits? Well except for her dresses. Those are loco. Especially the number she wore to the rose ceremony...like it came from Michael's..someone went all  a glue gun and rhinestones on that.

But now for some show commentary..
First one on one
Eric..okay..i'm sad again. I'm sad his life ended so early. He seemed so talented and interesting and focused. sigh.
I'm moving on to the group date.

Group objectification
The boys are going to strip for Andi, I mean charity. The men will get lessons from Scott, the head choreographer who divides the men creatively by dance number...army, fireman and cowboys. Scott also states that the firefighters are the top sexual fantasy of women.  It sounds like Scott has been reviewing the Annals (not Emil) of Theoretical Psychology. He really seems like a guy who understands women.
But the (strip)show must go on.
I like guys who are enthusiastic..but Cody and Craig tie for most enthusiastic..I think Cody's is fuelled by testosterone..and later fuelled up on Firefly to get his buzz going and going and going.
Cody even treated us to kissing his gun show and had a special ab show..that he said was just for Andi..but flashed the camera for all to see. He's not the sharpest thorn on the bush.
More special guests on this episode Sharleen aka Mondo and Kelly from JP's season came to...um... I'm not sure why they were actually there. They did help cover her eyes.  I wondered if Sharleen and Bradley would have a sing off..(not luck)
There literally was not much to this show...not much creativity, discretion, body fat, subtlety. To debrief (pun intended) they had an after party!! Basically Craig got really stinking drunk and someone jumped into a pool with him. You would think the producers would have stopped that. All the noise was distracting Andi on her journey for all the right reasons..and it kind of upset her. Craig got sent home..Andi has 99 problems and Craig's drunk a$$ was not one! (she takes this very seriously y'all).


Stop and smell the horses...I mean roses
I wasn't understanding the dress code. Were they trying to do a Kentucky Derby theme, in LA..but she wasn't wearing a hat..so why did she say she was wearing a 40s style dress? I didn't get it. But I thought Chris the farmer went from flip flops to wingtips with ease.  He looked staid when he walked with her arm in arm at the track. Does he have exceptional posture? Was his suit too tight? Was he uncomfortable? The pair bet on some horses and met a couple in the VIP area who were together for 55 years. Then Andi has a dinner planned for them at the track. I kept wondering...do race tracks smell? Like horses ? someone please let me know. They have dinner. Chris keeps telling the camera that Andi is the most amazing woman in the world. He tells her something similar.and Andi gives him a rose..and another surprise...!!! It's a suprise concert by The Wild Life. Now this surprise was not planned by Andi..Andi knows her dancing limitations..but her and Chris kissed..a lot..then swayed and kissed and swayed.. you get the picture.


Decision Time ..party then rose ceremony

Andi looked lovely from the neck up. I'm not sure she can outshine or outsparkle that dress. I think she is sending the message..."I like sparkly things". I think her dress also said "I want to take the plunge" Messages received.
Craig apologizes with an original song sang out of tune. Was he still drunk?
Marquel had a stunning amount of patterned clothing..socks, tie, shirt. I think he confused her into giving him a rose. Whoa..Josh coming out of left field (pun intended) and kisses her...and knocks it out of the park with Andi (I am officially out of baseball cliches now..someone please send me some). There is nothing foul about Josh (is foul a baseball term). Nick V...got the party poppin' with his self-made one on one date. Clever. I also liked (likely because I concur) with his thoughts on holding out on relationships until you 'just know'.
Does anyone know who Andi was breaking plates with.. i missed that. Was it with Tasos? That name sounds Greek. It also reminds me of the Tassimo.
I'm pretty happy with all of her choices..except..i'm not sure who JJ is. For some reason, I'm glad Cody is staying..it's not the gun show...but he seems super earnest...I cannot understand why she kept Bradley..she must love the opera..or maybe she finds him mondo. Glad Brian stayed:)

Who she pruned:
Carl..the firefighter..well..I guess Scott for the Hollywood men was wrong about his firefighter theory.
Nick S..he missed that birdie
Craig..too much firefly killed Andi's spark.

Until next weeks doubleheader.... I LOVE THIS SHOW!!


Umm..since i'm nerdy enough to write a Bachelor blog..i'll also admit that I'm so excited that Boyz II Men will be on next week. Who doesn't love 90s jamz:) I wonder who will find the End of the Road next week????But I"m sure they will save I'll Make Love to You for the FODs.


No comments: