Monday, May 24, 2010

Lovin' it for all the right reasons

It's baaccccccck! The Bachelorette!!! It is back to being my favourite show ever!! I missed it over these past few months. Ali reported back to work and Jake reported to the dance floor...but Ali had an epiphany..she wants choose love over her job. I didn't know the two were mutually exclusive.
I was a bit iffy about this one...because I'm not sure if Ali was really on it for all the right reasons. Even for a reality show, Ali as a Bachelorette rung hollow. But this season opener was SPECTACULAR! This group of guys are literally and metaphorically a colourful bunch...from the shirt/ties,jobs, trinkets, scrapbooks chivalry, backflips and romantic intentions. They are 25 of the right reasons to watch this show!

Ali looked very cute as usual..odd choice of bling on the black dress. What was up with the backlace (the necklace on her back) and then what was that shiney cluster of her dress. I thought it was her microphone pack...but then I realized she was just bed-ass-led:)

It's tough to keep track of all the guys in the first episode...but some of my faves...
Derek- don't remember much about him other than he could have used some type of blotting papers for excessive shininess and that was the worst fitting jacket I have ever seen.
Hunter's ukele seranade- adorable, funny and clever
Kreepy Kasey's proclamation-that he would be the 'protector of her heart' regardless of how far he goes in the show..how would he make that happen? Perhaps he's the first patron saint of the Bachelorette
Roberto-charming, cute, relaxed and slightly vulnerable. (so far I heart Roberto)
Craig from T.- I heart him for all the wrong reasons..so great for the show...bad tie, bad hair and what an attitude. I think he wants to be the Wes of this Bachelorette. I'm so glad he stayed!!! Hopefully he brought enough Dippity Do and extra hold spray to carry him through.
Kyle ..the mountain man from Colorado..just a man who gave up his gun, auger and live bait to do some huntin' and fishin' for love. The guy says he's from Denver...I think they live in houses and not off the land. Does he just get up in the morning, grab a Starbucks and head for the hills?
Justin-Rated R...his first shot on the show was a shot of his toe cleavage. Poor Jusitn broke his ankle during 'entertainment wrestling'. I don't know about this guy.....hmmm is he here for Reasons of Ratings?
speaking of which...i'm a bit iffy on the weather guy too. Maybe he's on the show to further his career. I did like the sunshine button though.
Jay..That 70s guy....the lawyer that has hair like Craig from TO sans hair product...looked windswept..but far less voluminous.
and last but not least.
Shooter was shot down. Good on ya Ali...you did that for all the right reasons. Why on earth would you tell someone that story? Let alone to millions of viewers???

And that my friends...are some of the reasons that...I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

No comments: